Medical Services Update
Until further notice, the Sasol Medical Clinic will remain closed. We will continue to assess restoration activities both on site and in the community and will not resume clinic operations until it is deemed appropriate to do so. See below for details around medical services available to our workforce.
- ERT will maintain a presence on site, and will provide emergency medical response and first aid treatment where needed.
- Acadian Ambulance is fully staffed at this time and also has reported that additional state and federal resources have been made available.
- Lake Charles Memorial, Christus St. Patrick and Avail Hospital are all operating their emergency departments 24/7.
- The BHP Clinic in Sulphur has secured a generator and resumed normal business hours effective 9/3/20.
- The Sasol Medical team will continue to work remotely, and has resumed case management for occupational and non-occupational injuries and illnesses. Please be mindful that they are not yet back to normal operations, and responses may be delayed.
Sasol medical team contact information:
Using Portable Generators Safely
Sasol is loaning portable generators to affected employees. These generators produce the poisonous gas carbon monoxide (CO). CO is an odorless, colorless gas that kills without warning. Visit here for information on hazards associated with the use of portable generators and how to keep you and your family safe.
Home Preservation Assistance
Sasol is providing assistance with immediate home preservation including tree removal and placing tarps on damaged rooftops via a third-party contractor. Contact Olivia Babineaux at Olivia.Babineaux@us.sasol.com.
Temporary Housing, Relocation, and Logistic Service Support
Temporary housing assistance including relocation and logistics service support and transportation accommodations is available. Sasol will reimburse affected employees for reasonable costs spent on housing up to a 30-day period. In addition, the company will offer moving van or trailer rentals to assist employees with transporting personal items to storage facilities. Vehicle rental assistance is also available. For assistance with obtaining reimbursement through CRI relocation, please contact any member of the accommodation assistance team listed below.
Interest-free loans of up to $10,000
If you are interested in an interest free loan to assist with disaster recover, contact
Robbye Jones at Robbye.Jones@us.sasol.com, Patricia Lowry at Patricia.Lowry@us.sasol.com, Carla Wiggins at Carla.Wiggins@us.sasol.com or Diana Villarreal at Diana.Villarreal@us.sasol.com.
FEMA Disaster Assistance
State and federal officials are encouraging Louisiana residents affected by Hurricane Laura to register for disaster assistance with FEMA as soon as possible.
- The first step is to contact your insurance company to file your storm-damage insurance claims.
- The second step is to register. To do so:
- Call 1-800-621-3362 (FEMA) or TTY 1-800-462-7585 for the speech- and hearing-impaired. If you use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free telephone lines operate from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. CDT, seven days a week. · Go to www.disasterassistance.gov or via web-enabled phone or tablet at m.fema.gov.