Our phenolic products include high purity cresols, xylenols and a variety of specialty cresylic acid blends. These are used to produce resins, antioxidants, functional fluids, agricultural chemicals, pharmaceuticals, fuel additives, wire enamel, mining chemicals, solvents and various chemical intermediates.
We manufacture the antioxidant BHT, which is used as a stabilizer in fuels, lubricants and other oils, polymers, rubber, printing inks, adhesives, waxes, food and food packaging, and animal feed.
Phenolic products include the following, but are not limited to:
- Phenol (PH40)
- o-Cresol (OC305)
- meta,para-Cresols (MP90 and MP99)
- p-Cresol (PC99)
- m-Cresol (MC99)
- 2,4/2,5-Xylenols (LBX98)
- Other xylenols and various blends (CA68, CA69, WES259 and others upon request)
- BHT (BHT Crystal and BHT FreeFlow and others upon request)
Search our technical & safety data for information on Sasol’s Phenolic product line.
Additional Phenolic Safety Information
- Cresols, Xylenols, Cresylic Acids safe handling document
- BHT safe handling document
- Product stewardship summaries:
- non-supported uses letter
To request more product or safe handling information, click here.