Several communication mechanisms are in place to keep the community informed about ongoing activities at Sasol’s Lake Charles Chemicals Project. SasolTEXT, a text message notification system, delivers information directly to your mobile device. Please visit the SasolTEXT page for sign-up instructions.
Ethane Cracker & Derivatives Project Update
- As at the end of March 2020, engineering and procurement activities were substantially complete and construction progress was at 99 percent.
- Overall project completion was at 99 percent and capital expenditure amounted to US$12.6 billion.
- Ethoxylates Unit reaches beneficial operation in January 2020
- World-scale Ethane Cracker reaches beneficial operation in August 2019
- Ethylene Oxide/Ethylene Glycol (EO/EG) Unit reaches beneficial operation in June 2019
- Linear Low Density Polyethylene Unit reaches beneficial operation in February 2019
- LCCP achieves first steam
- Sasol sets 317-foot ethylene oxide wash tower–tallest component at Louisiana mega project site
- Sasol sets 1,380 ton ethylene oxide reactor–heaviest component at Louisiana mega project site
- Rotating traffic signals installed–first of their kind in Louisiana
- 16 Louisiana businesses strengthened and widened 2.36 miles of roadway in 192,700 man-hours for the heavy haul route
To learn more about these and other milestone achievements, please visit our project photos and media page.
Last update: June 1, 2020